I guess I should finally get around to answering my survey. And posting pictures.
- White lights or Color? Color. Although, this year I really wanted to use white lights but we only had two strands. I needed three and didn’t want to go to the store.
- Do you decorate the back of your tree? Nope. Our tree is in the corner, although right by a window, but I don’t think you can see the side of the tree very well out the window. We decorate what you can see.
- Do you use ribbon or beaded garland or similar items? Yes. This year I used a purply-red ribbon, teal beaded garland and red tinsel garland that had the stars dangling from it (and… after decorating the tree I realized I had bought the red tinsel garland last year for wrapping presents. Oops! That’s what I get for buying a year in advance)
- What is your tree topper? A silver lighted star. Cheap. I want a new, cute one, but haven’t got around to buying one.
- Do you put candy canes on your tree? Not normally. Last year we did, and I really didn’t care for it. This year we didn’t.
- Do you have a themed tree (color, items etc)? I usually do a color theme and we add on some of our “memorable” ornaments (from wedding, Porter, vacation etc…). This year I was so happy with my “matching” tree that we kept all our other ornaments packed away. All two 18 gallon totes full! For a few years our color theme was blue/silver/purple. Then it was red/gold. Last year after Christmas I bought all this bright colored stuff on clearance. I love it.
- If you do have a theme, does your wrapping paper match it? Definitely. That is my favorite part!
- Is your tree the only part of your house you decorate? We have a few other decorations, but we don’t get too crazy about it.
- Do you put lights on your house? No, although we have about 5 boxes of icicle lights that we’ve had for about 3 or 4 years and we’ve never used them. Seems like too much work to put up and then take down a month later.
- Do you have yard decorations? No
And, last but not least, our sock-advent-calendar. Excuse the flash. It was a grey, ugly day yesterday.