Today the Howards came over to bake cookies with us. Well, actually it turned out Tony came over to take a nap on our couch and my husband napped on the floor while the boys napped this afternoon. LeeAnn and I, however, were busy from 10:30am to nearly 5pm baking baking baking.
Our final products: (click on the cookie name to link to the recipe)
and Sugar Cookies
Some things we learned:
- Don’t send the guys to the store for a “quick” item pickup. Especially on the weekend before Christmas. A “quick” run ends up taking an hour and a half.
- Read the directions. Read the directions. Read the directions. This will eliminate the problems of a)adding sugar TWICE to your Sugar Cookie recipe and b) prematurely mixing in the flour to the Peanut Butter Blossom recipe
- Don’t buy cheap chocolate chips. They aren’t as creamy.
- Freeze the Buckeye Balls before dipping. Sitting them outside isn’t nearly as cold.
- Don’t put the marshmallow-y Corn Flake Wreaths on wax paper. It ends up sticking like glue. Maybe try crisco spraying a cookie sheet next time?
- Cake frosting doesn’t harden. Therefore, its not the best choice for cookie frosting.
I am EXHAUSTED. My feet and back kill. My eyes burn. I can feel the sugar coating my teeth. Whew! Who would have thought that baking cookies could be this tiring?
However, I can’t wait to do this again next year!