First cold of the year

Wouldn’t you know that after over a year of no sickness in my house (kid-wise… If you recall I was sicker than a dog all last fall and winter, but praise God the boys were as healthy as horses since last summer? Spring!? I can’t remember the last time they were really sick!) that all 3 of my kids would get sick the first week of school!?  Maybe it’s a coincidence that we were all just at the geeky doctor for check ups/ flu-shots, or it could have been our recent visit to the Treehouse.   Whatever it was, I’m not amused.  My sweet bitty baby has her first cold :-(. Her little nose is all stuffy and she snores when she sleeps.  I hope it passes through quickly!

Tonight we went to Hudson’s preschool open house.  I was pleasantly impressed with the program and classroom and think it will be great for him.  He seems excited to go back, too.  (couldn’t have a thing to do with all the cool cars, trucks and construction vehicles they had…)

I am getting anxious to get into a routine once Hudson is at school 3 afternoons a week.  I’m on day 2 of this SAHM/WAHM gig and so far feel so unproductive!!  I will say, though, that I’m thoroughly loving it and feel like the events leading up to this change have been a blessing.  I get to snuggle my baby girl anytime I want, and see her sunny grin all day and hear her babble to me.  I also get to focus more attention on Hudson while he is my only big kid at home.  This year is going to be great.  I know it.  I just pray I’m able to create enough of an income to continue down this path.  I’m not sure I’ll ever want to go back to working outside the home!

Another big change- I whacked off my hair today!  I have been living with my hair in a ponytail most of the time and it just isn’t very flattering.  So I decided to go back to my super short haircut   At least it is an actual style.  I’m not thrilled with it yet-  I think it may need to be thinned out a little.

The other day I went to JoAnn for a few things and brought home a bag of $1 beads for Hudson.  He was SO excited over them.  I pretty much made his day.  He made 2 bracelets and wore them on his ankles for days.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: