This is such a stupid little thing to bother my mind with right now, but I seem to be consumed by this. I am on this mad search for bedding for Porter… for ideas for decorating his room. His new room… the room he’ll have when the baby comes. (Porter’s moving to the play room, and the baby gets P’s old room… saving us the hassle of painting the nursery again AND taking the crib apart and moving it to the play room).
Anyhow, I want to redo his room for his birthday. Might as well make it a gift, right? Here are my dilemmas… I’ll bullet them so its easier to read.
- Bedding… colors… scheme… theme. Right now P’s room is sage green, navy, red and brown. And some slew of colors inbetween. A “boy” colored room. I’m kind of over the red and the mish mash of colors. I want something soothing and somewhat monochromatic. Maybe.
- HOWEVER… Porter has an airplane mobile that Ryan’s uncles bought him and he LOVES it. I want to keep it in his room. The planes are Red, Green, Yellow and Blue. Nice primary colors. LOL.
- I also painted a plane picture for his room. Blues and reds. GRRR.
- And, he has these cool, rustic license plates on the wall that I like, but those can go, I guess.
- So… I originally thought I’d buy a navy blue quilt, maybe some truck sheets to satisfy the truck obsessed two year old, and paint the wall a mossy green color. Or a nice mocha tan. Keep it soothing. I found one I liked at Target. Its not in the store. I hate paying shipping if its going to be that cheap “motel comforter” type. I want quilt… thick, stitching holding in all the batting kind of quilt.
- I went to Target today. Found this quilt that I *LOVE*. I thought I could toss in some navy blue sheets to make it a little darker, more “masculine” than the pastelly blue and citrus green. (it really is a citrus/lime/sage green… kind of mixed. Not yellow). I bought two of them as we’re still undecided on the bed situation (single bed or bunk… what if the boys share a room in the future? I want matching quilts.)
- I also found these red quilts that are nice. They reverse to tan. I thought that might work. Solid color. Not busy. Could change up the theme in the future. It’d work with his plane mobile as well as his plane picture. But… red. UGh. I’m just not into red right now.
- I should also mention… the quilt I bought Porter (the blue/green one above) is so similar to the nursery colors. However, I’m just really into the blues/greens right now.
What to do. I guess here are my questions I want your thoughts on:
- Considering that the baby’s bedding is blues/greens/browns… do you think its weird that Porter’s room would be the same color scheme (although his would be more trucks, planes etc and the baby’s will be zoo)?
- I really LOVE the blue/green quilt.
- Is it too babyish?
- What if I add the navy blue sheets and more navy blue in the room? Would that make it better?
- Do you think the airplane mobile would look hideous with that comforter?
- What color would I paint the walls?
- Do you have any decorating ideas for it? I had really liked these wall things from Land of Nod… but they don’t go very well. Maybe the navy or red would be better.
- What do you think about the bunk bed situation? I guess I should explain more. More than likely, we’ll end up in another 3 bedroom home while our kids are younger. (we’re hoping to move soon.). If there is a 4th bedroom, it’ll probably be my office. Not a problem if we just stick to 2 kids, but I am pretty sure somehow or another we’ll have a 3rd. Not until this baby is at least 3, probably 4. So, logic says Porter and Baby 2 will share a room (they’ll be closest in age, and are both boys).
- I think bunks would be the best option, right?
- Or, should we just buy a twin headboard set for Porter for now and if we end up lodging them together buy the bunk beds later?
- What about the bedding… should I keep two quilts or just say screw it and assume I’ll redecorate if the boys ever share a room?
GAHHHH! Decisions. Yeah, they aren’t that important right now… but in the long run I don’t want to double buy, double decorate etc if I don’t have to.
So.. PLEASE! Throw out all your ideas.