1. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? Last year it was to try to keep it simple. I’m going to try to be the best person I can be and to try to grow in positive ways and be influenced by positive people/things. I think that’s something good to live by. I’d also like to set some “goals” for this year… to get back into shape; to curse less; to yell less and be more patient with my kids.
2. What was the single best thing that happened this past year?
3. What was the single most challenging thing that happened?
4. What was an unexpected joy this past year? Hudson’s blossoming personality. It just makes me so happy to see the little person he is becoming. He has quite the sense of humor like his big brother, too!
5. What was an unexpected obstacle?
6. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before? Photographed a birth. Three of them, at that!
7. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009? the restraint to diet and motivation to get back into shape.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
9. What was your biggest failure? Gaining weight. Yelling at my kids.
10. Did anyone close to you give birth? Leslie had Ruby, LeeAnn had Brady, Carrie had Mollie and Maria had Anderson.
11. Did anyone close to you die? No, thank God.
12. What states/countries did you visit? Illinois, Indiana and North Carolina
13. What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? I can’t really think of any specific dates that stand out.
14. How did you spend Christmas? Christmas Eve was spent at Ryan’s dad’s house with Lori and her family. Christmas Day we spent at home with the boys. My Grandma, Father in Law, my Dad and my Sister came over.
15. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I turned… 28. Dave came over and got Andy’s Pizza. Ryan got me an ice cream cake and a half gallon of ice cream from Cold Stone.
16. Did you suffer illness or injury? No
17. What was the best thing you bought? My iPhone and some of my “knock off” items that make me happy to have “the look” but at a fraction of the price.
18. Whose behavior merited celebration?
19. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Porter’s on Christmas Day. Although I can’t hold it too much against him… he’s 3 and well, 3 year olds say what’s on their minds.
20. Where did most of your money go? A big chunk… mortgage. And bills. And I got a new camera that was kind of pricey. And daycare. And gas. Yeah, you know… the usual places.
21. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Birth Photography. I did 3 sessions in 2009 and I am in LOVE with Birth Photography!
22. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? happier
b) thinner or fatter? fatter
c) richer or poorer? poorer (how do I keep getting poorer every year!?)
23. What was your biggest personal change from January to December of this past year?
24. In what way(s) did you grow:
- physically? Wider. HAHA! Seriously. 10lbs crept up on me while I wasn’t looking!
25. In what way(s) did you grow in your relationships with others?
26. With whom were your most valuable relationships? This year… probably my girlfriends. They have proven to be an invaluable piece of strength and sanity for me.
27. Did you fall in love in 2009? Yes, with my children each and every day as they make me laugh and feel so proud to be their mama.
28. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? Not that I can think of. Some people irritate me more this year than last but… what can you do?
29. Who did you miss? Cathy and my brother, who is always MIA.
30. Who was the best new person you met? Marleen Cromer, for sure. I am so thankful to have found her to take care of my baby!
31. What was the most enjoyable area of managing your home? I’d say this year it was landscaping… I had a lot of fun working on that this year
32. What was your most challenging area of home management? The kids’ rooms/playroom/toys… TOYS and BOOKS! They are everywhere all the time, despite my uber organized efforts.
33. What was your single biggest time waster in your life this past year? Facebook games/applications (FarmVille etc..)
34. What was the best way you used your time this past year? Any positive time spent with my kids/family. That will always be the best use of my time.
35. What do you wish you’d done more of? Scrapbooking.
36. What do you wish you’d done less of? Spoiling my kids. Yelling.
37. What was the best book you read? Oh boy… sadly I haven’t read a book this year!!
38. What was your favorite TV program? Desperate Housewives, Real Housewives of OC, House, Grey’s Anatomy and Teen Moms.
39. What was your favorite film of this year? I liked The Proposal, The Hangover and UP
40. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Fancy… huh? Well, I think Ryan Reynolds and Bradley Cooper are a little bit of eye candy.
41. What did you want and get? the 5D Mark II
42. What did you want and not get? My kitchen redone. But… that’s an early 2010 project so I can’t be too disappointed.
43. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Getting hired into a full time teaching position at Bean. Or really, anywhere.
44. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009? Evolving… Mostly comes from Target, Kohls and Gap. Sale racks… you know I’m a bargain hunting Queen.
45. What kept you sane? medication
46. What political issue stirred you the most? I wouldn’t say this is a political issue but… The Gosselin’s divorce really upset me.
47. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009. True girlfriends are the best to have.
48. What song will always remind you of 2009? Hmm…. Party in the USA and Fix You.
49. How did you ring in the New Year? Another New Years Eve party with a psychic and the infamous Nut Tree!
50. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.