Itch

Lately I’ve been having this itch to move.  Yes, nuts, I know.  I’m not sure why, though, because we loooove our house.  
I think a lot of it stems from the fact that i just finished a huge hunt to find a preschool for Porter and that he will soon be in kindergarten.  Deep in the heart of my hearts I want my kids to go to Western.  When we bought our house we were debating between Perfect House/Not Ideal Area and Perfect Area/Not Ideal House.  We compromised on the location in lieu of the perfect, much larger home and decide the boys would go to Center schools.  I think deep down I’m feeling this quickly approaching school milestone and I’m not 100% ready to let go of the idea of them going to Western.  

I was thinking about “T” House the other day… The house we were considering with this house.  I love the area it is in (near Western schools) but I was just imagining what it’d be like if we’d gave bought that house. Only just under 1400sq ft…  No playroom.  Small kitchen.  Only 3 bedrooms.  Huge, tall ceiling basement but not a stitch of  it finished.  The upstairs had more natural light than I could dream of and vaulted ceilings in the living room that made it feel larger but oh my… I can’t imagine how crowded we’d be already! 
I keep thinking that there is no way we’d be able to afford the type of house we’d want/need in Western schools…. Our “must haves” in a house are pretty stiff after living here.  *Minimum 1800- 2,000sq ft in upper levels + an additional full basement.  *Minimum 4 bedrooms.  *Open kitchen/dining room.  *Preferably a den to convert into a playroom.  And things we don’t have (but have the ability to remodel into our current house): *2 car garage, *main floor laundry and *master bathroom. 

I wish I could just pick up our house and move it to Spring Arbor.  I know that the houses with our criteria would be out of our price range and any meeting most of it would be few and far between.  And then comes the fact that there is no way I’d want to go through moving again.  Uhch.  I’ve considered doing school of choice an taking Porter to school (especially since I’m working there right now) but that is so uncertain.  Who say I’ll be there forever and if I were to work elsewhere I do t want to be stuck commuting the boys across town for school.

So there’s my rambling.  Can’t I just pick u my house and move it? That would make things so much easier.  I suppose my only realistic option is to accept the fact that they aren’t going to attend Western and that things will be a-ok if they don’t.  They will do just fine at Center,  they’ll make good friends and do well academically the same as they would at Western. 

Sigh.  But it’s just not that easy for me.

– Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Photobucket

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: