1. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I didn’t necessarily set “goals” but instead a list of things I wanted to get out of this year. And some I completed faithfully, and others I didn’t quite get around to.
2. What was the single best thing that happened this past year? By far, Miss Amelia Jane was the best thing in the world to happen to our family. I don’t know what I did without her in my life.
3. What was the single most challenging thing that happened? Quitting my job and relying on my photography business to provide my part of the income. It has been challenging and I know will continue to be a challenge.
4. What was an unexpected joy this past year? Quitting my job and following a long-time dream of mine to work from home with my babies by my side. It is not an easy task, and I never ever thought I’d enjoy being home with my kids so much but it has been wonderful.
5. What was an unexpected obstacle? Making decisions about medications and dealing with adverse reactions.
6. What did you do in 2012 that you’d never done before? Became a mommy of a little girl.
7. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012? More time and money, although I know being thankful for what I have and being more intentional with both (time and money) will make it seem more abundant.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
9. What was your biggest failure? Keeping up with exercising and scrapbooking. Isn’t this the most common failure? HAHA!
10. Did anyone close to you give birth? Me!! Jessica had Abram.
11. Did anyone close to you die? Hudson’s daycare buddy, Birklee Giroux passed away in her sleep just days after her 4th birthday. We also lost two of our pet rats, Cricket and Atticus.
12. What states/countries did you visit? Sadly, NONE. This makes me so so sad.
13. What dates from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
April 22 (Amelia’s birthday), December 14 (Sandy Hook shooting),
14. How did you spend Christmas? Same as always… Christmas day was spent at home with our immediate family. Dave stayed Christmas Eve and was there for a little while Christmas morning. My sister and the girls came over Christmas afternoon.
15. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I turned 31. I “thought” we were just going out on a “Birthday Buddies” dinner date with the Huffs, but Katie and Ryan ended up taking Don and I to a SURPRISE BIRTHDAY PARTY. Awesomeness.
16. Did you suffer illness or injury? Nope, not really. Other than this lingering carpal tunnel from pregnancy.
17. What was the best thing you bought?
18. Whose behavior merited celebration? I’m going to say my own. I struggled with a very negative situation for the past few years and this spring I was able to reconcile with someone whom I thought I’d never speak to, and we have actually become friends. This was a huge struggle for me, a huge mountain to climb over, a lot of soul searching and forgiveness that had to take place as well as personal growth for this all to happen.
19. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Probably some of the very narrow minded Republicans that became very prominent during the election. I’m not saying there aren’t narrow minded Democrats- there are. But the negativity and inability to try to see the good in things, to not practice what you preach (ie: so many let their political values be guided by their faith/religion yet still bad talk and bash and judge, thus being completely hypocritical).
20. Where did most of your money go?
This one again? Same as always…. bills, bills bills.
21. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Delivering baby girl, running in the Color Run with Jane, seeing Needtobreathe in concert.
a) happier or sadder? happier
b) thinner or fatter? thinner, but still fatter than normal.
c) richer or poorer? Losing my (small) income… poorer.
23. What was your biggest personal change from January to December of this past year?
24. In what way(s) did you grow:
- physically? I lost 30 pounds… does that count as physically growing? Sadly, I haven’t exercised much this year.
25. In what way(s) did you grow in your relationships with others? I was able to step back and try to see the best in others, to not immediately judge, and try to see things from another point of view. Trying really hard to look for the best in others, rather than focus on their weaknesses, has helped me tremendously.
26. With whom were your most valuable relationships? My husband, kids and myself.
27. Did you fall in love in 2012? Of course… always in love with my 3 favorite boys, and totally fell head over heels in love with Amelia. We all did.
28. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? Nope
29. Who did you miss? Cathy and Ramsey
30. Who was the best new person you met? Amelia Jane Barczak!
31. What was the most enjoyable area of managing your home? Decorating. Because organizing is not going so hot and I feel like it is out. of. control. I can’t wait for spring to do some maaaajor de-cluttering!
32. What was your most challenging area of home management? Clutter throughout the whole house. With both boys in school, plus all the baby paraphernalia clutter, I’m losing my mind.
34. What was the best way you used your time this past year? Any time spent with my kids and husband was the best!
35. What do you wish you’d done more of? Scrapbooking, Project Life and somehow archiving all of my pictures/blog into Blurb Books.
37. What was the best book you read?
Hunger Games Trilogy
38. What was your favorite TV program? Revenge, Grey’s Anatomy, Parenthood, Real Housewives (any of them),
39. What was your favorite movie of this year? Hunger Games
40. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Needtobreathe. I had the amazing opportunity to not only see them in concert, but to meet them backstage. Amazing. They are such a humble, Godly group of guys.
41. What did you want and get? A healthy, happy baby girl.
42. What did you want and not get?
A full time job
43. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Winning that mega bazillion dollar jackpot
44. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012? Ugh. Pitiful.
45. What kept you sane? Reminding myself that everything is going to work out just fine, and well, a little help from Zoloft too 🙂
46. What political issue stirred you the most? The election, the negativity towards our President. I never considered myself a Democrat or a Republican but this election really made it clear what “side” I tend to lean towards.
47. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012. Sometimes it is best to just listen to what God is wanting for you, to trust that His path will take you where you need to go, and that it is okay to let go of your plans because His are always better for you.
48. What song will always remind you of 2012? Christina Perri: A Thousand Years (reminds me of Amelia’s birth, and my wait for my sweet princess.)
49. How did you ring in the New Year? We spent New Years Eve at home…. Ryan went to bed with a headache before 10pm. We did “celebrate” with the Huffs earlier in the evening- our crew of boybarians and Miss Amelia went to Artesian Wells for dinner. Brave-yeah! Fun- sure. Love spending time with good friends. Then we parted ways, took our kids home to bed and I’m filling out this meme waiting for 2013!
50. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Everyone knows life has its ups and downs
one day you’re on top of world
and one day you’re the clown
well I’ve been both enough to know
that you do’nt wanna get in the way when its working out
the way that it is right now
I know its gonna take some time
but I’ve got to admit
that the thought has crossed my mind
this might end up like it should….
I’m starting to believe that
this could be the start of something good.