This week has been exhausting… and on Wednesday I decided to make some chocolate chip cookies. Cookies always make everything better, right? Lulu and I went to Target and I went a little crazy with the chocolate chip options and ended up buying 3 different things- chocolate chips (semi-sweet), semi-sweet chocolate chunks and M&M milk chocolate mini baking bits. YUM!
I am not one to invent recipes, so I went to good ol’ Pinterest and found a recipe I’d used before. However… I was missing a couple things and had to substitute some ingredients. I was not hopeful that they’d turn out very good, but let me tell you… I’m pretty sure these were the best chocolate chip cookies I’ve ever made. And I’ve made A TON.
So… try it out, and let me know what you think!
- 1 cup butter, melted and then cooled for at least 5 minutes
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon clear Mexican cold pressed vanilla (you can use regular vanilla if you want) vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (you could do half milk chocolate too!)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chunks
- 1 cup milk chocolate M&M baking bits
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate large bowl, stir together melted butter and sugar.
- Add eggs and stir
- Stir in vanilla extract and maple syrup.
- Gradually add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, stirring until completely combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips, chocolate chunks and M&M’s.
- Cover bowl with clear wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350F while dough is chilling
- Scoop about 2 Tablespoons of cookie dough and place about 2 inches apart on cookie sheets.
- Bake about 12 minutes (keep unbaked dough in the fridge while cookies are baking. Don’t place cookie dough on hot cookie sheet)
- Allow cookies to cool completely on cookie sheet.
- If you want to get fancy, gently press a few chocolate chips on top of the hot cookies.
So go try it out… let me know what you think! I think next time I might try sprinkling a little sea salt on the tops. MMM!